The other day our roommate, Lora, decided she wanted to cook dinner for us. Slow Cooker Chicken Chilli is one of her signature dishes. I asked her if I could blog about it and she said “Sure.”
It’s one of these things where you have a bunch of miscellaneous items in your pantry and/ or fridge and one day you decide to put them all in a slow cooker with some seasoning, walk out the door to go to work and return to a hot meal waiting for you.
It literally took her about 10 minutes to throw it all together, turn on the slow cooker and just let it do it’s thing for the next 6-8 hours.
According to Lora the ingredients change from time to time but the idea is still Chicken Chilli. In this recipe you will need the following:
- One can of red kidney beans- drained
- One can of lentils- drained
- One can of sliced mushrooms- drained
- One can of those baby corns you find in Chinese cooking – drained
- One can of diced tomatoes
- One of those already cooked rotisserie chickens – deboned
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 tsps of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of Spicy Montreal steak seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker and give it a good stir. Turn the cooker on low and go about your day. Simple as that!
Goes well with tortilla chips and beer 🍺!
Remember to cook with love in your heart- the food will taste better ❤️
If you try this recipe and want to share please put your comments in the section below. Thanks!